Thursday, December 17, 2009

Family Pictures 2009

It was 18 degrees as we left our house to have family pictures done. I had my heart set on outdoor pictures and was excited to have a thin layer of snow covering the drab ground. I knew it would be cold but thought surely it would only take a minute to snap a few pictures.

We took our coats off for the first picture but after that Zane and Morgan refused. An icy breeze began to blow which only made it worse. Our wonderful friend, the photographer, worked as quickly as she could to give us several poses to choose from. (She did a fabulous job!)

Scott, Brittany, and I did a pretty good job of pretending it wasn’t that cold. Morgan and Zane though were not so good at faking. They tried to climb inside their coats to find shelter from the cold. In most of the pictures they are making faces that seem to say, “It is too, stinkin’ cold out here! What the heck is Mom thinking! And you want me to smile?!”

Here are just a few of the pictures. . .






(You can't see their red cheeks and noses!)



We're thinking summer for the next family picture.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Great pictures and for as cold as you describe it was you can't even tell. Have a great Christmas! Thanks for the card. We love it.

Sarah's Project said...

Quinn & I love your pix! Our favorite family photo is by the fence. My sister did the same thing with "white winter" family shots but she had everyone in coats then turned it to black & white, just like yours. I think they look fantastic!

Suz said...

Very cute! :D