Monday, March 15, 2010

Hooray for Brittany!


Last month Brittany called me one day after school to tell me the following day a competition for BPA (Business Professionals of America) was being held in Pocatello. She forgot she had joined the group but signed up for some of the computer contests ‘cause, who can pass up an excused day from school.

Brittany didn’t expect to do very well but ended up qualifying for the state competition. She was the only one from her school to qualify and go. So, she spent last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in Boise with her teacher advisor.

She called after her word processing event very depressed. Almost in tears she asked me what a mail merge is. She had to skip that part because she had no idea what that it was. I tried to cheer her up and told her to just enjoy the rest of her “vacation” in Boise.

The next day was awards and she called me again, almost in tears. She ended up taking first place! Evidently no one else knew what a mail merge was either.

So, now she is trying to figure out how to get to nationals in California in May. (Fund raisers are not our favorite thing.)

Go Brittany, my Future Business Professional of America!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

WOW! That is awesome! Good for her. I used to mail merge all the time...I'm not sure I even remember how to now! It was a handy thing to know how to do when I was sending out hundreds of letters a month for the company I worked for, but I haven't had a need to do that for a while ;)

Dawn said...

Ya, what is a mail merge? CONGRATS Brittany! California would be an even MORE fun vacation then Boise.

Sarah's Project said...

Hey, I'm going to call Gwen because I've always wanted to learn how to mail merge and never have figured it out! I'm so proud of her! Tell her NAPA will sponsor $50 toward her trip if she decides to go. We love sponsoring worthwhile events!