Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Bike Ride


Last month, I told Zane I would get him a bigger bike if he could learn to ride without training wheels. He wanted a Spiderman bike. We took the training wheels off but after 5 minutes he wanted them back on.

Monday, Zane announced that he was ready to try again. With training wheels off, we went to the fitness trail to try riding on a smooth, flat surface. Morgan was bored as she zipped around us. Finally, I let her ride on ahead while Zane kept practicing. After an hour we were all hot, tired, and thirsty. Zane was frustrated. "I can't do it! Never mind about the Spiderman bike," he said as we climbed into the car. But I wasn't giving up.

Yesterday, Zane sadly told me he wanted to ride but just couldn't do it. When the day cooled off, I convinced him to try again. He was struggling with starting off and was leaning on me when I was beside him. I asked Morgan to show him how she starts. (She was thrilled to be the expert.) Zane watched carefully, tried a few times, then took off riding his bike.



Best day EVER!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I Love it!! Huge congratulations for Zane. Good things happen with the determination to succeed!! Zane you're a rock-star!!

Rachel Berry said...

GO ZANE!!! That's awesome, and I love his BEST DAY EVER! So cute. Congrats on getting up on 2 wheels!!

BRiTTaNY said...

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!! totally made us laugh hahaha. so proud of him :D

Brigitte said...

oh I love this video! We have just experienced a similar experience with Ethan. I found him with tools taking off his own training wheels. He is now a little lighting bug. Hope the new house is going well. Miss you

Sarah's Project said...

Just love that! I'll have to show Shelby as she's just in tears ever since her Dad took the training wheels off of her bike last week. Maybe it will encourage her!