Tuesday, September 13, 2011

{ Comfort }

I recently read John chapter 11, raising Lazarus from the dead. I have read this story many times but some things, that my heart needed now, stuck with me this time.

As Mary and Martha mourned the loss of their brother, Christ came to them. He didn't tell them to be strong and overcome their grief. He saw their tears and he wept with them. He felt their pain and sorrow and mourned with them.

I know that Christ feels my pain and sorrow as well. I believe that he mourns with us also. When we weep, he weeps with us. Christ provided the Atonement for us to take away ALL of our pain and sorrow. It is through the Atonement that we are healed - our hearts comforted and our tears wiped away.

I love Revelation 7:17 - "For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

I know that He does wipe away the tears and brings peace to our hearts that cannot be found any where in the world. It is that peace that gives us the faith and the strength to continue on in the adventures of life here on the earth.

When we ask why - why did this happen, why do I have to go through this - the answer is always the same: "Because you accepted the call to come to the earth at this time." I know that all experience can be for our good. Even those experiences that are tough to bear, can bring about the greatest blessings when we put our trust in Jesus Christ.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27

2 comments:

BRiTTaNY said...

I felt that peace too when I read John 11, especially v.35. Everything has a purpose and someday we'll know all the answers to the "whys". I love you. :)

Jenni Call said...

What an awesome reminder. Thanks for sharing!