Friday, September 30, 2011

Time For Change

After almost 8 years, and 100,000 miles, it was time to get rid of the old Taurus and try something new. We went looking for a Ford Escape: not too big, decent fuel economy, and all wheel drive. What we found was something slightly bigger and in better condition for less money. When they offered $3,000 for the old car (without fixing the windshield or the dents) I really couldn't refuse.


I learned to drive in a small van, back before they were mini, and this kinda reminds me of that. I pulled up to the mail box to pick up the mail yesterday... brought back memories of delivering news papers in the old van. (I didn't even hit the mirror, Dad.)



This is our new Dodge Journey. It seats 7 and has tons of fun features. I love all the hidden storage compartments, especially the drink cooler in the dash. The sound system is amazing and the bluetooth will be handy. The miles per gallon is a little less than my car was but not by much. And with fewer miles and the all wheel drive, Scott feels safer about me transporting the children in it. I feel the need for a road trip!



3 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Hot Momma! Love your new wheels! Yee Haw

Dawn said...

How fun!! Enjoy your new vehicle!! I was just thinking I need an upgrade since mine is overheating, the ABS light has been on forever, it's a little jerky and well, unpredictable, but I REALLY like not having payments.

BRiTTaNY said...

you totally look like a soccer mom now haha.