Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Fun

This has been a super BUSY week! We've managed to squeeze in some fun though.



Last night was our Ward Trunk-or-Treat Halloween party. (We are bursting at the seams in our little building.) Lots of good food and good FUN! Even though it was below freezing, we had to drag the kids out of the parking lot. We came home with loads of candy and an awesome Frankenstein cake that Zane won in the Cake Walk.



My 3 little spooks.


The MOST handsome vampire I've ever seen!

And the cutest SCARY butterfly I've ever seen.




We started out our day with a chilly WINTER storm. Digging my car out made us a little late for preschool but Zane was excited to see snow. No time to play then.

When we got home, Zane made a snow angel but I wouldn't let him stay outside by himself. He heard Morgan's bus at 2:45 and ran to the closet shouting, "Hooray! Morgan is home! Now she can play with me!" He was digging out snow boots and gloves when Morgan walked in the door. I helped them get bundled up. Zane could not stand still as I zipped his coat. "Oh, I am SO anxious!" he giggled. Then he asked, "What does anxious mean?" I explained excited and not wanting to wait for something. He said, "Yep. I'm anxious."

They only had time to build 2 walls of their igloo before it was time to rush off to parent teacher conference. (Zane asked if we could just watch the conference on TV so they could go back out and play in the snow.)





We had a YUMMY Relief Society activity last week and I was inspired to add more whole wheat to our diet. I remember my mom making hot wheat cereal but I have never been brave enough to try. This week I cooked my first pot of wheat berries and we had a healthy breakfast of wheat cereal with peaches and a side of zucchini bread. Zane only ate one bite but he said it was yummy. Morgan ate hers all gone.





Another first, I made a delicious Pig Cake. (Not as pretty as the Pioneer Woman but very tasty.) A little bit of tropical goodness is always welcome on a chilly day. It has forever been one of my favorites so why have I never made it? I think I ate most of the cake myself.






FUN, FUN!




1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

That was so fun last night. Excitement was high over that first snow fall. I can just see Zane hopping with excitement.