Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Modern Day Mother

This is one of my favorite prints!


Modern-day Mother in Zion © Anita Mae Hart-Carroll
oil on board, 8th International Art Church History Art Competition

Prints can be purchased by contacting Anita at ahartcarroll@yahoo.com



As I attended our Stake Conference this weekend, this image kept coming to my mind. So many spoke about the need to strengthen our homes and families.


Some things I learned:


** We need to contend for the best conditions to raise our children. I am no "ordinary chicken." I need to do all I can to protect my family from the dangers that are out there.


** Faith is more than belief - it is ACTION. When you are doing what is right you are truly happy.


** Ask what you can do better and live your testimony every day.


** We must teach our children correct principles and how to stand for truth and righteousness at all times. Even when it seems they are not listening, they are. When they need it the most, they will remember the testimony you bore to them.


** Great blessings come from attending the temple!


** "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine." Life is meant to be enjoyed. At those times when we can't laugh at the experience, lift up your head, be of good chear, and turn to Christ who can heal ALL wounds.


** Sometimes life is a bunch of dots - we must figure out how to connect those dots. Scriptures, prayer, and patriarchal blessings will help us find the path.


** Don't lose your focus! Keep your eye on your goal of eternal life and you will have the faith to endure your trials and be strong for your families.


I also have 10 things we can do to strenghen our marriages. (That might just be another post.) It was such a wonderful weekend! I was especially thankful for the opportunity to attend the Saturday session with my husband who has to work most Sundays.



We live in a scary world. Our children need us to step up, wearing the armor of God, and defend and protect them. When you are on the Lord's side you can not fail!

1 comment:

BRiTTaNY said...

I wish blogs had a "LIKE" button too :) Because that pretty much sums up my feelings about this haha. Love your Christmassy layout too! :D