Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!


Our Backyard

The sun is shining and the wind has stopped blowing so we are off to a good start this year (even if it is only 8 degrees).

The kids and I slept in until 8:00 this morning, very nice! Reflecting back on the past year it seems that so much has happened and yet so little has been done. My friend was talking about setting resolutions for the new year and I wondered, should I pull out my list once again and change the date to the new year? Why are my goals always the same? Do I need to be more realistic? Instead of saying I want to lose weight maybe I should say I want to gain 10 pounds. Then I would feel good when I accomplish that goal. Okay. . . so maybe not. Goals are supposed to stretch us to new heights and make us better people. But it seems that I never have time to incorporate the new goal into my life. I think instead of making a list this year I am going to make one goal and focus on changing just one thing. That feels more realistic for me.

No comments: