Monday, June 2, 2008

How do you fix a toilet?

Our first night in our new house was filled with emotions. We were excited, scared, nervous, and tired. As with all new places, there were new sounds to get used to. We lay in our bed, in our new room, that first night and I realized one of the sounds was our new toilet running. I told Scott that would be the first thing to be fixed. He muttered something as he drifted off to sleep, leaving me to listen to the sounds alone.

Over the past two years, Scott has tweaked and fiddled with the toilet. It would work fine and then suddenly it would run constantly again. I bought a kit to replace everything inside the tank. I figured it had been tweaked long enough and just needed to be retired. Scott put the kit up in the cupboard and continued to tweak.

Then, Saturday morning I found Scott in the garage not really doing anything. I asked him if he thought I would need anything other than a Phillips screwdriver to change out the inside parts on the toilet. He fixed the toilet that afternoon.

I wonder if my Phillips screwdriver could motivate him to fix a couple more things? Hummmm. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad it got done. In Scott's defense it doesn't seem like the funnest project, It probably wouldn't have been my highest priority either, however I am sure it was irritating! See below for my princess Identity. Little late on the quiz.