Friday, March 6, 2009

Dinner Conversations

Just thought I would share a fairly typical dinner conversation. This was last night -

Mom: Yum, homemade bread and homemade jam! I am the perfect mom.
Mo: Yes you are . . . and so is Brittany. (Brit raises her eyebrows.)
Dad: Morgan, eat.
Z: That’s b-scusting!
Mom: No, it’s just meat with ketchup on it.
Z: I need more ketchup. (Hugging ketchup bottle) I love it, love it.
Dad: Morgan, eat.
Mom: Why are there peas on the floor?
Mo: They’re mine. They don’t want me to eat them.
Mom: Where is the ketchup bottle?
Z: White here. (Pulls bottle out from under the table.) I need it!
Dad: Morgan, eat.
Mom: Your peas on the floor again.
Z: I peed
Dad: Different pea. Morgan, eat.
Mom: Eat your meat, Zane.
Z: I not like it! I need ketchup!
Brit: I’m done
Dad: What’s for dessert?
Mom: Morgan, eat.

Then the table was cleaned, the teeth were brushed, pajamas were found, and it was time for a story!


Gotta love 'em!

5 comments:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

HA! If I had a teenager, this is what meal times would sound like at my house. I spend a lot of time ignoring Jake not eating, because it makes me want to scream.

Dawn said...

Too Funny!

BRiTTaNY said...

Ah, too true!! This is absolutely our family.... what will it sound like in a year or two tho? hmm...

Sarah's Project said...

I love the "Morgan eat" because that is exactly how Joaquin sounds every meal. Right now his target is Josh (he hasn't grown very much in the last month - but he should because he is a boy, darn it!) I have to remind myself that all of my children grow eventually - but it's mostly from force feeding until they're in 2nd grade.

Brigitte said...

I'm so glad to know that you have intelligent dinner converstions like we do. I thought we wre the only ones around who were so eloquent. What a crazy fun stage of life we are all in.