Monday, December 26, 2011

Festive Preparations

Is it Christmas yet?!
My new calling required a lot of extra time before Christmas. It was so fun to help with the Ward Christmas fireside, put together the Relief Society Christmas dinner, create 13 food baskets for the widows, and organize a Giving Tree project. (As well as help a few families who would not have had food for Christmas.) I have a fabulous presidency which makes it even more fun to serve!

We went to Morgan's Christmas Program at school and sang some songs with the kids. (I love living in a community where we celebrate Christmas and not Winter. The kids even sang songs about Jesus. At school!)

We found time to make gingerbread cookies.
(Don't look too close. My cutter creates a gingerbread boy with a club foot.)

Zane loved squeezing the frosting from the bag!

Morgan just loved frosting! Everything!


I found time to make a gift. (I have a box of fabric for gits that didn't get made.) I LOVE the Welcome Sign and am anxious to make one for my shelf too.

I made some cards for a gift at our party.

And more cards for the kids to give to teachers and friends.


I usually type a full page newsletter to send to family and friends but this year it wasn't coming together. Then we received a card from amazing friends and I knew that was my answer. I totally copied her and had my pictures uploaded, news written, and cards ordered in one evening. I wasn't sure I would have them in time to send out before Christmas but I decided to just not worry about it. Check that off my To Do list.

And... we decided to make scripture tote bags for the past presidency. We each stitched together a bag (I didn't get any pictures) and then I made a cute little card. They were adorable! Trust me.
Is it Christmas yet?

No comments: