Thursday, April 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I have reached another milestone. I told Zane how old I was and he said, "WOW! A 4 and a 0 is really old! You better just blow out the match 'cause it will be too hard for you to blow out all those candles." Well, at least he is concerned for my health. 

We had a little activity at the church and a sweet sister brought me a bunch of balloons. Zane promptly informed me that we were sharing the balloons since his birthday is next. All the little children wanted to sing to me and one sweet little girl asked where my presents were.

Scott surprised me with a bag of Lindor chocolates when I woke up. (I ate some for breakfast.) After dinner, Morgan and Zane helped make me sugar cookies. My most favorite dessert! I think I ate almost all of them.

Brittany said she would build a big house so we can live with them and she would even buy me a fancy cane. So kind! She did send me an awesome Jon Schmidt CD. Love it!

Scott and I went to dinner with some friends on Saturday. It was easier with his work schedule, school nights, and soccer games. We found a yummy little Chinese buffet restaurant in Sterling, CO. We tried to teach the waiter about putting a lemon slice in a drink but to no avail. 

Eating Chinese brought back memories from my childhood. My parents would take us out to eat on our birthdays when we were kids. We got to pick where and I often picked the Chinese restaurant. My dad is NOT a fan of Chinese food and would always order a hamburger. Sorry, Dad. 


Here's a flashback to my 1st birthday. Happy Birthday to ME!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

40 is not that old. People will still be shocked when they find out you have a 20 year old daughter :) And yes, I'll find you the cutest cane possible once you really are old heehee. Love you momma! Glad you had a great birthday!