Thursday, April 5, 2012

Weird Wound Week

This has officially been Wierd Wound Week!

First, Morgan and I were coming home from soccer practice. The center console was down next to her and she decided she needed to see if there was anything in the back cargo space. (Maybe she heard a spooky noise.) As she whipped her head around she caught her eyebrow on the metal latch on the side of the other seat. She wasn't crying but just kept saying how bad it hurt. I told her to hold her water bottle on it until we got home.

Before she got out of the car she had to take a peak at her head in the rear-view mirror. When she saw the blood she lost it. We got her cleaned up and decided stitches weren't needed. So glad I still had the steri-strips leftover from Zane's head wound.


The next day, the kids were playing outside after school. Suddenly, their laughter turned to screams and cries. Morgan was screaming hysterically and Zane was crying fiercely. I wasn't sure who was injured at first. Then I saw the large black spot on Zane's hand.

I sent Morgan to the couch to calm down and took Zane to the bathroom. As I tried to wash his hand I realized it wasn't dirt but actually a giant, purple bruise. He had pinched his hand in the horse trailer door. I was afraid it was broken. He kept ice on it, off and on, until bed time and Scott assured me it was just bruised.


And if that was not enough... I got a little too comfortable with my mixer. While making bread, I stuck my hand in to knock the flour down from the side of the bowl. Yes. While it was running. The bruise on the back of my hand is not as pretty as Zane's though.

Hopefully we are done for awhile. My first-aid skills are exhausted!
How did you celebrate Weird Wound Week?

No comments: