Sunday, April 8, 2012

The JOY of Easter

I'm not a big fan of large community events. My kids usually cling to me and we all go home crying. But, I love the ladies at our local library. At one of our recent visits, a librarian came and invited us to come to the Easter Egg Hunt. I felt like this sweet lady was personally inviting us and I couldn't say no.


It actually went better than I thought. We got there early so the kids could get used to the crowd as it gradually built. Morgan was hanging pretty close to me as we waited for the hunt to begin and I thought she might not look for eggs. But when it was finally time to start she took off to her area and found 5 eggs. Zane had no problem zipping around gathering eggs and came up with 4. They had so much fun and I'm glad we were able to support our wonderful library!



I refused to pay SO much for eggs (they used to put them on sale at this time of year) so we didn't color any eggs this year. The kids drew pictures at the church while I got some things ready for Sunday. Not very festive but they said it was still fun.



We got ready for church early enough to play with Morgan's hair. Then we went outside to take a picture and the wind instantly blew her hair all over. The messy hair look is really in here in Nebraska!
(Zane says the sun was too bright. I think he just likes to make goofy faces!)

We had a wonderful day at church! I forgot Zane's snacks but after a few minutes he forgave me. We had great speakers in Sacrament Meeting, a fabulous discussion in Sunday School and another meaningful discussion in Relief Society.


Scott was finished working by the time we got home and we were able to enjoy a delicious Easter dinner with him. The kids helped me make Easter Tomb rolls. (Mine weren't as pretty as Grandma Baird's.) They were so surprised when the marshmallows weren't inside after baking. Zane was sure that I had pulled out the marshmallow and was trying to play a trick on him. It really brought out the events of Christ's resurrection and how some responded then.

So thankful I got to talk to Brittany and my mom! Wish we could have gotten together with our family.

The sun was shining, the birds singing, and only a slight breeze. It was a JOYFUL day!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I think Grandma Baird would be proud :D