Saturday, October 6, 2012

General Conference Time

Last April I put together activities and snacks in baggies for the kids to enjoy during conference. They loved it! They listened carefully to see who was speaking next and which bag would be opened.

A few weeks ago I saw this idea to make little felt bags. With the limited resources in our small town, I cleaned the shelf at Walmart to make my own felt conference bags. (No, I am not becoming a Huskers fan. Red felt was my only option.) It came down to the 11th hour but I finished all 15 of them!

The great thing about these is the kids can't see what's inside. They were eager with anticipation to find out what the next speaker would bring. And even though they weren't completely reverent, and spent most of the 2nd session under the dining table, I was impressed with how much they actually picked up on.

As I tucked them into bed, I asked each what they remembered most from conference. Zane said, "They all talked about love. Love your neighbor. Love God. Love each other. It's all about love." Wow! So wise. Morgan remembered a story that was shared about a bishop going to visit a lady in the hospital and the other lady in the room hiding. We had a little discussion about how God knows where we are and does indeed hear and answer our prayers.
 
We love conference weekend!

1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

That is an awesome idea!!! I must do this for April conference. It is an amazing time of year. The talks were especially awesome