Friday, October 19, 2012

OUCH!

Maybe it was because of the wind. Maybe the earth is tilted. I don't know why, but this week has been the week of injuries. Maybe we are just clumsy...

When you send your kids to school and then leave town for dental work, you hope and pray nothing happens to your children. Tuesday, we were returning from Cheyenne when Morgan's school called. Wiped out on pain meds and my mouth still numb, I answered to find out Morgan had been in an accident. (It's never good when the school nurse calls.) She had ice on her ankle but the nurse suggested I may need to have it looked at by our doctor.

The ankle seemed to be sprained so we wrapped it up and tried to keep her off of it. She also woke up the next morning with a very sore neck and several bruises on her knees and elbows. Moral of the story: When racing a friend on the playground, watch out for benches.

Zane also came home that day with tear-stained cheeks. Playing soccer on recess, he was hit in the stomach with the ball. Man, recesses are dangerous!


Yesterday afternoon my phone rang again. This time it was Zane's school calling to let me know he tripped and fell running to get on the bus after school. She said he had a goose egg on his head and they put an ice pack on it. He came home with said goose egg, a glowing red nose, and a black eye. The scrape on his knee was almost missed because most of the damage was done to his face.

Rule for today - no running or playing soccer!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I hope they live to see high school! I take it Mo wasn't wearing her glasses during the race? Since she didn't see the bench? ;) It's amazing I turned out as graceful as I did.............