Saturday, October 6, 2012

the JOY of SNOW!


 The kids bounded out of bed at 6:30 am. It was almost as if they could smell the snow, or even hear it as large flakes softly fell. On school days, I am dragging them out of bed. But not this Saturday morning... they were up and getting dressed for snow play.

My rule is it has to be at least 32 degrees before I let my young children play outside. I forced them to sit down and eat some breakfast and I made sure the fire was roaring hot, then we bundled up.

By 9:00 we had almost 5 inches of wet, heavy snow. The tree branches looked like they were going to break and the snow was still falling. The flakes eventually became smaller but it continued to snow most of the day.

 After a couple hours, the kids came inside completely soaked. We dried their clothes by the fire and sipped hot cocoa while we enjoyed watching General Conference.

 Zane's cat was wishing he could come inside too. Perched on a 4 inch fence post, staring at the snow, he seemed to be saying, "What is this cold stuff?"

We went from summer straight to winter. But no fear. Monday we are supposed to be back to summer again.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I can't believe you guys got so much snow! And it was clear blue skies & sunny here. By the time you get here though, we'll probably have snow. :/ Just don't bring it with you...