Sunday, October 14, 2012

My ADD Life - Skirt!

My days are different now that all my kids are in school. When your day is filled with: "I'm hungry!" "He won't share!" "Mooommm, I'm doooone!" you don't always have the time to do what you NEED to do let alone what you WANT to do. Something as simple as sewing on a button gets left for another day.

My grandma makes me towels with the crochet top that buttons onto the handle of my stove. My supply is running low and my only clean one was missing a button. I went to find a button that would work. 

I found a button and I also found a chunk of fabric I had bought 2 years ago to make myself a skirt. The fabric was washed and ready to be cut out and stitched. Hummm... I don't hear any little voices calling me to do anything else.

I sewed on a button then quickly forgot that I was cleaning the kitchen. I dug out my sewing machine and went to work on my skirt. It's been a while since I made something just for me.


Now I have something special to wear for our special day in a couple weeks. (Shhhh...it's a secret.)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I just shorted orange juice through my nose when I read "Mooommm, I'm doooone!" hahahahhaha!! Thank you for that. So excited to see your skirt!!!!