Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I have learned my lesson!



Thursday is Morgan’s day for Show’n Tell each week. It’s hard to come up with something for her to share each time that isn’t toys (that’s what she wants to take). Last week I forgot about it until I sent her out the door to catch the bus. I didn’t think it was a big deal but she apparently did not want to be left out. When her time came to share she stood in front of the class and announced that her mom was having a baby and she would soon have a little sister.

When I picked her up from school I had forgotten about Show’n Tell but as I buckled her into her seat she tells me that she told her teacher I was having a baby. I was shocked and told her she needed to talk to her teacher first thing in the morning to explain that is a wish and not true. Then she said, “What about my class? I shared it for Show’n Tell so my whole class knows.” All I could do was laugh.

This week we found something she could share with her class and have been practicing EXACTLY what to say.

1 comment:

Sarah's Project said...

That's just plain awesome. I love it when someone else's children lie. It's make me feel like a normal mother too.