Thursday, October 2, 2008

Potato Field Trip

Yesterday Zane and I went with the kindergarten kids to visit a potato field. The kids watched the digger load the truck and then dug some potatoes of their own. We have 50 pounds of potatoes so I really didn’t encourage my kids too much but they had fun digging in the sand to find “treasures” as Zane called them.

Morgan found a potato that looked like a rabbit head.

The boy next to us pulled out a giant potato and then Morgan found this one. We decided we liked the baby ones best.


Then we came home and made POTATO SOUP for lunch.

Morgan got a little sand in her eye but other than that it was a fun day!

3 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I've heard that potato harvest is a holiday around there... 2 weeks off for potatos! Sounds like fun and potato soup sounds yummy right about now.

Sarah's Project said...

Well I'm glad you supported Morgan even if you had too many potatoes. I have to sheepishly admit I've never gone to that field trip. Joaquin always found a way to go & honestly I haven't really pushed the issue. You're a much better mom than me!

tiffani said...

Looks like I missed out on all the action! The pictures are really cute! You have been tagged-check out my blog for the details!