Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Silicone Baking?!

Has anyone tried the new silicone baking pans? I have been intrigued by them since they first came out. I started with some silicone utensils but my curiosity finally got me. When we were in LaGrande at the beginning of the month, I found a set on sale at Wal-Mart for half price and decided to give it a try. Besides, I needed round cake pans.
This stuff is awesome! I lightly greased the bottom of the pan just because I have been taught to always grease and flour the pan when baking a cake. I probably didn’t need to but I couldn’t ignore that voice in my head. The cakes popped right out of the pan with no flour residue.



So, here is our Harvest cake that I make each fall.


It is chocolate cake with pumpkin-cream cheese filling and chocolate frosting. Yum!

3 comments:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

That cake looks delicious! Glad the silicone works. I'll have to look into it...the last cake I made was so securely lodged in the pan, we had to eat it out of the pan. Then I had to pour boiling water in the leftovers to get them out. It wasn't so cute.

Rachel Berry said...

I love my silicone pans! They are the best!!! Your cake looks yummy!!

Dawn said...

I haven't tried the silicone pans yet but they have caught my eye! I have to tell you that your daughter absolutely cracks me up. Good luck with the pregnancy the first few months are the roughest ya know! :0)