Thursday, October 9, 2008

I want {MILK}!

“Watchya doin’?” I heard as I tiptoed passed Zane’s bed, thinking he had gone back to sleep. When I told him I was going to take a shower he quickly told me he didn’t want me to. I assured him I would get his milk first and went to get his favorite red sippy cup. I snuggled him into my bed with his blanket and his cup. Now he didn’t mind if I took a shower. He even went back to sleep when the milk was gone.

“Zane, what do you want for lunch?”
“Ummm, MILK.”
“No. Do you want a sandwich or chicken nuggets?”
“Ummm, MILK.”
“What do you want with your milk? You can’t have just milk.”
“Yes I do!”

How do you break a milk addiction? It usually starts around 5:30am with a shout out from his bed, “I need my milk!” Some days that is all he wants and as he sobs in the middle of the kitchen floor because I am forcing him to eat food I feel bad for him. Hopefully he will grow out of it soon.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Hey Zane...good choice buddy! thanks for keeping us in business :)