Saturday, October 11, 2008

This Again?

We woke up this morning to SNOW. Morgan and Zane could hardly wait to go outside and play. After a frantic search for boots and hats and gloves (we are not prepared for winter) I had them bundled and out the door.

When their noses were sufficiently red, and against their wills, I made them come back inside for a bowl of hot soup. The snow continues to fall and Morgan is hoping for enough to build a snowman, we shall see.


The soup apparently warmed Zane right up because after lunch he went and found his swim trunks. This is him saying, “Can we go swimming, please?!” He was sure that we needed to walk to Kyndra’s house and go swimming. I showed him the blizzard outside but that did not change his mind. I have to agree with him though; I am not ready for summer to end either.


2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey there playing catch up with comments! Loving the snow! I feel like we didn't quite have a summer but I am coming to terms with the cold weather I think! I am really sorry to hear about your grandpa, sounds like you have some great memories of him, thanks for sharing! Regarding the milk? You may try telling him he can have milk after he eats his lunch, breakfast, etc! I think sometimes their belly's fill up with milk so they don't care to eat. You are bound to have some fits at first (like my kids) but he'll figure it out if he wants his milk :0). HE LOOKS SO SWEET with his milk cup, it's gotta be hard to tell him no. Hope all is going well for you guys! Take care and bundle up.

Unknown said...

i hate snow. really. we should move to hawaii or something like that. idaho is just too cold!!! And i really don't look good in snow boots, so...

~*~brit