Friday, May 18, 2012

Anyone want to come to a party?

Zane announced that he needed a large piece of paper, like the kind I use to build fires. I knew that meant he wanted a chunk off my roll of newsprint. I laid the piece of paper on the table and asked if it was big enough. He said it would do and hurried off for the bucket of markers.

I went back to what I was doing and listened as he talked to himself:
Hummm... I wonder how to draw a shirt. 
If I could make it look like a t-shirt that would work.
Maybe someone could help me do that part.

Finally, I asked if he would like some help. He said, "That would be great!" He asked me to draw a t-shirt as big as the paper. Then he handed me a pencil so I could erase my mistakes. "When you get it right then you can trace it with a marker."

Then he asked me to draw a spider web in each corner. Strange. He took my marker and made two spots on the shirt. I still had no idea what he was doing.

After cutting out the spider webs he asked for tape and a spot on the wall. We hung up his poster and that's when he asked, "Does anyone want to come to a party?"

 Zane made a pin-the-web-on-the-shirt party game!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Hahahaha that kid kills me. If you still have the game pieces, we'll have to play it when we come :)