Sunday, May 13, 2012

Joy in Motherhood


I had BIG plans for Mother's Day. Then the flu bug hit us and we spent the weekend enjoying quality family time sharing ONE bathroom. Not exactly what I had in mind. 

I took care of Morgan on Saturday and then she took care of me on Sunday. When Scott came home from work he assured me that I didn't need to play sick, he was going to cook and clean for me any way. I wish I was only pretending. UGH!

I did make a couple cards and even mailed one to my mom in time for her to get it by Mother's Day.

Scott brought home some daisies and chocolates on Saturday and the kids shared some homemade treats with me. I felt well enough by evening to talk to my mom and to Brittany.

It really was a peaceful, quiet day. I decided God allows us to be sick sometimes so we can take a break from all the busy-ness of life and just slow down enough to enjoy a moment.





We are led by an inspired prophet of God who has called upon the women of the Church to “stand strong and immovable for that which is correct and proper under the plan of the Lord.”  He has asked us to “begin in [our] own homes”  to teach children the ways of truth. ~ Julie B. Beck

2 comments:

Brittany said...

"and you are a very special mom. And you look pretty." Brought tears to my eyes :) Homemade cards are the best! Wish I'd gotten mine to you in time. But I figure I'd rather just deliver everything in person anyways. Our trip was supposed to be your Mother's Day surprise. Whoops. Love you guys! See you soon Ü

Unknown said...

I love hand delivered, homemade cards the best! :) See you soon, Brit!