Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh the places you'll go!

These last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster for Zane and I. Last week we were driving in to town for story time at the library and Zane reminded me it was the last one because the summer reading program would be starting. Then I realized it was his last one ever because he would be at school in the fall. 

After I made that announcement he got real quiet. I looked back and saw tears in his eyes and he softly said he was really going to miss seeing Miss Nightingale. Then we both cried. Miss Nightingale got an extra big hug that day.

Monday was Zane's last day of preschool. After being with this group of kids for two years they've become very good friends. I hope at least one of them is in his kindergarten class with him. 

Today is our last mommy & me day since it's Morgan's last day of school. Zane is okay with that because he loves having her home. Something about, she is more fun to play cars with. Humm...

But along with all the "lasts" there are lots of "firsts" coming. I'm excited to see my little boy take on new challenges, even though it's hard sometimes to let him go. He has a whole new adventure ahead of him!

One of Zane's firsts is playing T-ball. (He is SO glad he's on the same team as his friend Max.) He's having fun and tries so hard to do exactly what the coaches tell him. The coaches spend most of the practice telling the boys to stop digging in the dirt. I think Zane is the only one who has not been digging holes when he should be catching balls. (I guess that's the advantage of not having lawn. Dirt is nothing new to him.)

 He actually throws really good!

And all our balloon ball games in the living room have paid off. He just hasn't figured out what to do when he hits the ball. "Run, Zane! Run like your pants are on fire!"

The beginning of new adventures!

"KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS! ... Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way!" ~ Dr. Suess

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

He's such a sweet kid! Love him!!

Jenni Call said...

Your firsts sound like some of ours too! It is bittersweet! Love your little garden plot. Hope it survives.