Saturday, May 19, 2012

Buried Treasure

A friend gave me some squash plants. I'm still trying to decide what to do with my garden spot. It's a perfect little spot but we live with rabbits and snakes and mice and racoons and all manor of wildlife. I decided the only way to make it work would be to surround the picket fence with chicken wire to keep most of the critters out. Then we would need to cover it with chicken wire to keep the hail from destroying it. But how much time and money do I want to put into this garden spot?

I planted the squash in the flower bed. Someday we'll have a garden again. Probably not this summer.

Zane helped me dig out weeds and water the plants. I started washing off the steps that lead down to the driveway and noticed the cement went farther than I thought. Then I discovered a brick.




 We dug about 8 inches of dirt and found a cute little path leading from the driveway to the steps. We had to use the hose to loosen the hard, wind-blown dirt which made a bit of a muddy mess. Zane decided it was a swim trunk job. I hoped the sun would dry our sink hole before the bus brought Morgan home.

Zane thought we were digging for buried treasure and wanted to keep digging.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Awesome! Who knows what else might be out there hidden by years of dust and mud and .... other things.

Rachel Berry said...

Wish I could find a sidewalk under our dirt... I've only been asking Lloyd for a sidewalk for oh.... 16 years.....

:)R.