Monday, May 28, 2012

The courage to try!

Sometimes, the Lord asks us to do things that we think are hard. Maybe we even complain a little. Maybe we stomp our feet and insist it is too hard. Maybe it takes us a little while to get up the courage to trust that the Lord does know what's best. 

Zane has not let his broken RIGHT arm slow him down. Sunday morning he was up at 7am getting himself dressed. He needed help with the buttons on his shirt but he did the rest by himself. He fed himself with his left hand. He even brushed his teeth with his left hand.

Being the mom, I kept asking if I could help him. "Let me do that for you," I would say. But he insisted that he could do it. If he needed help he would ask.

In Relief Society we talked about receiving inspiration and revelation from the Lord. That's when I began to think about the example that Zane has been for me. He just accepts what ever comes and does what he can do. If he needs help he asks but he has the courage to try to do it himself.

I want to be more like that. When the Lord gives me a trial, I want to have the courage to try and then ask for the help I need. When inspiration comes I want to have the courage to just do it!

No comments: