Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fun Date

Saturday morning Scott and I snuck out of the house while the children were still sleeping and headed to Idaho Falls. We stopped for breakfast at the ever popular Denny’s restaurant and then wandered around Idaho Falls looking for the Dodge dealership. After a phone call to the dealership, we found the used car lot and began the adventure of finding Scott’s perfect truck.

Two weeks ago Scott came home and announced that he had sold his pickup to the feedlot and the search was on for a new one. We test drove a couple – the red one looked way cool but the white one seemed to run better and had all the features he was looking for. We talked them down on the price and actually got a pretty good deal. (They seemed to be happy we were putting money down and not doing a trade-in.)

There was a JoAnns just down the street so I convinced Scott that we need to go there while the dealership got all of the paperwork ready. I have been dying to make these pumpkins that my sister-in-law, Rachel, made (thanks to
Holly and her easy tutorial.) I have to say I was very disappointed in JoAnns. It was mostly quilting supplies and fabric and I really had to DIG to come up with some fabric for my pumpkins. Then, they only had Christmas ribbon so I had to use what was in my box and it does not look so good. I am on the hunt for some cute, festive ribbon.


I am almost embarrassed to share this picture because my pumpkins look so blah compared to Rachel’s. Keep in mind this is a work in progress. I have a soft, brown pumpkin waiting to be stuffed and I want to make a couple smaller ones as well. I will post pictures again when I get them all done so this is kind of a before shot. It has to get better – right?
All-in-all it was a good date. Scott got the pickup he wanted, I got an excuse to be crafty, and we drove home in seperate vehicles. ;)

3 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Cute pumpkins and they are so fun to make! I get to teach them in an Enrichment class in OCT.
What no picture of the new truck? :) Just kidding.....

Dawn said...

Sounds like a dream date! :0) Everyone is making cute pumpkins and decorating for fall! I need to get on that!

Brigitte said...

Okay I'm just impressed that you are making your own instead of buying them. I thnk they are adorable. Happy crafting. :)