Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Painting the House

I convinced Scott to paint the house now instead of waiting until next spring. The thought of driving home to a house that looks like it is under construction until spring just made me queasy.

We borrowed a sprayer from the neighbor which made the job go much quicker. We sprayed all the green on Saturday afternoon. (And that included a trip into Lowes to get another 5 gallons of paint – we kind of underestimated.)

I worked on the trim yesterday afternoon and got most of it done. I was excited so I tried to take some pictures last night as Scott was cleaning up. The setting sun doesn’t provide the best light but I think you can see that our house is now LIGHT SAGE GREEN with DRY PLAINS BROWN trim. I pictured the trim a little darker but I am happy with the way it turned out. Scott thought our house was going to say “Merry Christmas” with the red door but I love my red door.

Here is a picture taken this morning in the rising sun. It is not so good either. I think I need to wait until the sun moves to the other side of the house and then try again.

Today I am going to try to finish the trim and do a little touch up. I might even paint the fence.

3 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

Christine, I LOVE it! How come everyone gets to paint their house but me?? Mine is seriously going to wait until spring. Honestly, your house looks great!

Sarah's Project said...

Christine, it's gorgeous! I think it turned out so nice-not Christmassy at all. I'm so glad to find a fellow blogger. I just started, but I'm pretty hooked. I can't wait to come see your house in person. And thanks for the wish of luck on the marathon, I'll need it!

Dawn said...

Looks great! You make painting your house appear so easy. I am glad you were able to get it done before winter.