Friday, September 26, 2008

Was My Face {RED}

Earlier this week Morgan's class learned about body parts. The worksheet had a picture of a boy on one side and a blank square on the other side. Morgan said her teacher read a story about the boy and they circled body parts like nose, hands, feet, etc. Then the teacher asked them to draw a picture of themselves with all of their body parts.

If you have not guessed already, Morgan took these instructions literally and drew a private body part. I think the teacher asked her to then draw clothes on her picture because she had a nice pencil-colored dress on, but the body part was still noticeable.

I asked her if other kids had drawn this part of their bodies and she said, "No Mom! I was the only one!" She then raised her hand for a high five which I gave her before leaving the room to cry. What does her teacher think of us? She has never drawn a picture like that before. Why did she draw it at school? What was she thinking?!

That night as I helped her in the bath we had a discussion about PRIVATE body parts that need to be kept private. It seemed to go well so hopefully we won't have another picture like this come home. I don't know if I can ever face her teacher again - I am so embarrassed!

4 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

hahaha
um...
no all I've got is hahaha
That's great!

Brigitte said...

I can't stop laughing. Life goes on and we all have those moments. I love it.

Gwen said...

Ok, so I'm a blog stalker and I found your blog! Hope you don't mind :) I think it's so cute that she was so proud of herself! I love kindrgartners!!!

Dawn said...

Hey I'd be proud of myself too if I had drawn a part no one else did! I love it!