Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Project Complete

I’ve been overwhelmed just thinking about all the posts I need to do and trying to decide where to start. I’ve decided to pick up where I left off. So, if you are wondering about our life in Nebraska you’re gonna have to wait. My brain needs things in order and I just can’t skip ahead.



We were working on converting a garage into a family room. We barely finished it before we started packing. In fact, the first time we showed our house there was no carpet in the new room.

With the help of a great friend, we finished the sheetrock, texture (with a broom), and paint. I love how it all turned out.


And I love the light fixtures. Scott and I argued in Lowes for an hour before we agreed on these.




Since we needed carpet ASAP, and our room was 13 feet wide, we went with the Berber that was in stock. Love the look of the carpet but not how easy the edges fray. (If we had stayed, I would do something different with the steps into the room.)


We decided to do a natural wood trim around the door and window. I wanted to do a baseboard also but Scott was leaving to start the new job and it was time to start packing so he was done working on it.



Some things I would have done different but overall I was very pleased with how it all turned out. I also learned that remodeling is not something my husband enjoys. After 3 1/2 years the project is done, our marriage has survived, and a sweet young family is enjoying an awesome new family room!


No comments: